Features and Benefits
- Meets Stringent OEM Module Power Consumption and Performance Specifications
- 20µA Quiescent Current in Skip Mode
- ±1.5% FB Voltage Accuracy
- Output Voltage Range: Fixed or Adjustable Between3.5V and 60V
- Enables Crank-Ready Designs
- Operates Down to 1.8V after Startup
- Wide Input Supply Range from 4.5V to 36V
- EMI Reduction Features Reduce Interference with Sensitive Radio Bands without Sacrificing Wide Input Voltage Range
- Spread-Spectrum Option
- Frequency-Synchronization Input
- Resistor-Programmable Frequency Between 220kHz and 2.2MHz
- Integration and Thermally Enhanced Packages Save Board Space and Cost
- Current-Mode Controllers with Forced-Continuous and Skip Modes
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Pin TQFN-EP Package
- Protection Features Improve System Reliability
- Supply Undervoltage Lockout
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
The MAX25200 is a high-performance, current-mode PWM controller with 1.5μA (typ) shutdown current for boost converters with a wide input voltage range. The 4.5V to 36V input operating voltage range makes these devices ideal in automotive applications, such as front-end preboost or general-purpose SEPIC or flyback power supplies. An internal low-dropout regulator with a 5V output voltage enables the MAX25200 to operate directly from an automotive battery input. The input operating range can be extended to as low as 1.8V after startup.
The MAX25200's switching frequency operation (up to 2.2MHz) reduces output ripple, avoids AM band interference, and allows for the use of smaller external components. The switching frequency is resistor adjustable from 220kHz to 2.2MHz; Alternatively, the frequency can be synchronized to an external clock. A spread spectrum option is available to improve system EMI performance.
The device features a power-OK monitor and undervoltage lockout. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown. The MAX25200 operates over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
- Cluster Systems
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX25201 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested application circuit that simplifies the evaluation of the MAX25201 400kHz, 36V boost controller. All installed components are rated for the automotive temperature range. Various test points and jumpers are included for evaluation.
The standard EV kit comes with the installed MAX25201 (24V, 400kHz) and can also be used to evaluate other MAX25201 variants with minimal component changes shown in the MAX25201 EV Kit Bill of Materials.
Features & Benefits
- 4.5V to 42V Input Supply Range
- Input Voltage Range Extended down to 2V after Initial Startup
- Boost Output Voltages Adjustable Between 4.5V and 60V via External Resistors
- Boost Fixed Output Voltage Available with Minor Component Changes
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Frequency-Synchronization Input
- Enable Input
- Voltage-Monitoring PGOOD Output
- Jumpers and Test Points on Key Nodes for Simplified Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
EE-Sim Power® Tools
The EE-Sim DC-DC Converter Tool uses your requirements to quickly create a complete power design including a schematic, BOM with commercially available parts, and time and frequency domain simulations. Your customized schematic can be downloaded for further analysis in the standalone EE-Sim OASIS Simulator, featuring SIMPLIS and SIMetrix SPICE engines.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.