Features and Benefits
- Ultra-Low Power Consumption
- 9.6μA per Channel at DC with VDD = 3.3V
- 13.2μA per Channel at 100kbps with VDD = 3.3V
- 47.6μA per Channel at 1Mbps with VDD = 3.3V
- Wide Operating Voltage Range from 1.71V to 5.5V
- Reinforced Galvanic Isolation of Digital Signals
- Withstands ±10kV Surge between GNDA and GNDB with 1.2μs/50μs Waveform
- High CMTI (200kV/μs, min)
- MAX22440-MAX22442 in 16 QSOP Package:
- 3000VRMS Isolation Voltage for 60s (VISO)
- 445VRMS Continuous Working Voltage (VIOWM)
- MAX22840-MAX22842 in 16 Wide SOIC Package:
- 5000VRMS Isolation Voltage for 60s (VISO)
- 848VRMS Continuous Working Voltage (VIOWM)
- MAX22880-MAX22882 in 20 SSOP Package:
- 3750VRMS Isolation Voltage for 60s (VISO)
- 784VRMS Continuous Working Voltage (VIOWM)
- Safety Regulatory Approvals
- UL According to UL1557 (Pending)
- VDE 0884-11 Reinforced Insulation (Pending)
- CSA IEC 62368-1, and IEC 61010-1 (Pending)
- Low Propagation Delay and Low Jitter
- Maximum Data Rate Up to 10Mbps
- Propagation Delay of 43.8ns (typ) at VDD = 3.3V
- Clock Jitter RMS of 35.0ps (typ)
The MAX22440-MAX22442, MAX22840-MAX22842, and MAX22880-MAX22882 are a family of 4-channel, reinforced, ultra-low-power digital galvanic isolators using Analog Devices proprietary process technology. The MAX22440-MAX22442 are in a 16-QSOP package with a withstand voltage rating of 3kVRMS for 60 seconds, the MAX22840-MAX22842 are in a 16 wide SOIC package with a withstand voltage rating of 5kVRMS for 60 seconds, and the MAX22880-MAX22882 are in a 20-SSOP package with a withstand voltage rating of 3.75kVRMS for 60 seconds. Devices are rated for operation at ambient temperatures from -40°C to +125°C.
The devices transfer digital signals between circuits with different power domains, using as little as 77.04μW per channel at 1Mbps (1.8V supply). The ultra-low-power feature reduces system dissipation, increases reliability, and enables compact designs. Devices are available with a maximum data rate of 10Mbps and with default-high or default-low outputs. The devices feature low propagation delay and low clock jitter, which reduces system latency. Independent 1.71V to 5.5V supplies on each side also make the devices suitable for use as level translators. All four channels of the MAX22440/840/880 transfer data in the same direction. Three out of four channels of the MAX22441/841/881 transfer data in one direction while the other one transfers data in the opposite direction. Two channels of the MAX22442/842/882 transfer data in one direction and the other two in the opposite direction.
- 4-20mA Loop Process Control
- Compact Micro PLC
- Battery Management
- Parasitically Powered Applications
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|MAX22881CAAP+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-SSOP-5.30_MM|
|MAX22881CAAP+T||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-SSOP-5.30_MM|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.