Features and Benefits
- Minimizes PCB Area and Design Cost
- 8 Full Channels of HV Pulser, T/R-Switch, LNA Input and Feedback Coupling Caps, LNA, VGA, AAF, CWD Mixers, 12-Bit ADC, and Digital HPF in a Small 10mm x 23mm CSBGA Package
- Integrated HV Pulser for Simpler System Design
- High Voltage 3 Level Pulsers (Up to ±105V) with Active Return to Zero and Internal Power-Supply Drivers for Reduced External Components
- Programmable Pulser Current Capability from 0.5A to 2A for Reduced Power Consumption in Lower Voltage Transmit Modes Like CWD
- Extremely Low Propagation Delay Pulsers (18ns) with Excellent Rise and Fall Matching for Excellent THD2 Performance (-43dBc at 5MHz)
- Integrated High-Performance Receiver Improves
- Ultra-Low Full-Channel Receiver Noise Figure of 2.8dB at RIN = RS = 200Ω (Without T/R Switch)
- High Dynamic Range Receiver with 76dBFS SNR at fIN = 5MHz and 2MHz Bandwidth
- Ultra-Low Power Receiver (131mW Per Channel)
The MAX2082 is the industry’s first fully integrated octal ultrasound transceiver. The device is optimized for high-channel count, high performance portable and cart-based ultrasound systems. The easy-to-use transceiver allows the user to achieve high-end 2D and Doppler imaging capability using substantially less space and power.
The transceiver transmitters are high-performance, 3-level 2A pulsers capable of generating high-voltage pulses up to ±105V.
The highly compact receiver with T/R switch, LNA, input coupling and feedback capacitors, variable gain amplifier (VGA), anti-aliasing filter (AAF), analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and digital highpass filter (HPF) achieves an ultra-low noise figure with RS = RIN = 200Ω at a very low 131mW per channel power dissipation at 50Msps. The receive channel has been optimized for second harmonic imaging with -66dBFS second harmonic distortion performance at fRF = 5MHz over the full gain range. The full receive channel exhibits an exceptional 76dBFS SNR at 5MHz with a 2MHz bandwidth.
Separate mixers for each channel are made available for optimal CWD sensitivity yielding an impressive 149dBc/Hz dynamic range per channel at 1kHz offset from the 1.25MHz carrier.
The MAX2082 octal ultrasound front-end is available in a small 10mm x 23mm CSBGA package and specified over a 0°C to +70°C temperature range.
- Ultrasound Imaging
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
MAX2082 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.