Features and Benefits
- Synchronous DC-DC Converters with Integrated FETs
- 72V Input for 48V Systems
- Internal Compensation
- Output Adjustable from 0.8V to 90%VIN
- 200kHz to 2200kHz Adjustable Frequency with External Clock Synchronization
- Programmable Peak Current Limit (1.14A or 1.6A)
- Active-Low RESET Output and EN Input (26V max) Simplify Power Sequencing
- Protection Features and Operating Range Ideal for Automotive Applications
- Programmable EN/UVLO Threshold
- Adjustable Soft-Start and Prebiased Power-Up
- Thermal Shutdown
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
The MAX20059 is a high-efficiency, high-voltage, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter IC with integrated MOSFETs that operates over a 4.5V to 72V input. The converters can deliver up to 1A current. Output voltage is programmable from 0.8V to 90%VIN. The feedback voltage-regulation accuracy over -40°C to +125°C is ±1.5%.
The IC features a peak-current-mode-control architecture and can be operated in the pulse-width modulation (PWM) or pulse-frequency modulation (PFM) control schemes.
The MAX20059 is available in a 12-pin (3mm x 3mm) side-wettable TDFN package with an exposed pad for thermal heat dissipation.
- 48V Systems
- Mild Hybrid Applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX20059 EV kit is a proven design to evaluate the MAX20059 high-efficiency, high-voltage, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter IC in a TDFN package. The EV kit is optimized to generate a 5V output at load currents up to 1A from a 48V input supply, and can be reconfigured to meet other system requirements. The EV kit features a 400kHz switching frequency. The EV kit can be used to monitor the IC’s features, such as adjustable input undervoltage lockout, adjustable soft-start, adjustable switching frequency, adjustable current limit, open-drain active-low RESET signal, and external frequency synchronization.
- 48V Systems
- Mild Hybrid Applications
Features & Benefits
- Operates from 6.5V to 72V at 48V Nominal Input
- Meets Stringent OEM Module Power Consumption and Performance Specifications
- 5V Output Voltage at 400kHz Switching Frequency
- Up to 1A Output Current with Adjustable Peak- Current Limit
- Jumpers for Quickly Adjusting Peak-Current Limit and Mode Selection
- Auxiliary Bootstrap LDO to Improve Efficiency
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time with External Capacitor
- Optimized Application Layout and Components for Quick Design Implementation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
EE-Sim Power® Tools
The EE-Sim DC-DC Converter Tool uses your requirements to quickly create a complete power design including a schematic, BOM with commercially available parts, and time and frequency domain simulations. Your customized schematic can be downloaded for further analysis in the standalone EE-Sim OASIS Simulator, featuring SIMPLIS and SIMetrix SPICE engines.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.