Features and Benefits
- Meets Stringent OEM Module Power Consumption and Performance Specifications
- 10µA Supply Current with 5V Buck On
- 8µA Supply Current with 3.3V Buck On
- 30µA Supply Current with All Regulators On
- Enables Crank-Ready Designs
- Output Voltages in Regulation Through Cold CrankDown to 2V Battery Voltage
- Wide Input-Supply Range from 3.5V to 36V
- EMI Reduction Features Reduce Interference with Sensitive Radio Bands without Sacrificing Wide Input-Voltage Range
- 20ns (typ) Minimum On-Time Guarantees Skip-Free Operation for 3.3V Output at 2.1MHz
- Spread-Spectrum Option
- Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) Frequency Synchronization
- Integration and Thermally Enhanced Packages Save Board Space and Cost
- Two 2.1MHz Buck Converters with Asynchronous Boost Controller
- Current-Mode Controller with Forced Fixed-Frequency and Skip Modes
- Thermally Enhanced 5mm x 5mm, 28-Pin TQFN-EP Package
- Protection Features Improve System Reliability
- Supply Undervoltage Lockout
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
The MAX20057 is an automotive highly integrated triple-output PMIC. It includes two synchronous buck converters and an asynchronous boost controller with 2.1MHz and 400kHz options. The boost controller can be used to provide power to buck converters and keep them in regulation during cold-crank operation down to 2V battery input. Two high-voltage synchronous step-down converters operate 180° out-of-phase. The IC operates with an input voltage supply from 3.5V to 36V and can operate in dropout conditions by running at 95% duty cycle. It is intended for applications with mid- to high-power requirements that operate at a wide input voltage range such as during automotive cold-crank or engine stop-start conditions.
High switching frequency up to 2.1MHz allows small external components, reduced output ripple, and guarantees no AM band interference. The switching frequency is fixed at 400kHz or 2.1MHz. FSYNC input programmability enables three modes for optimized performance: forced fixed-frequency operation, skip mode with ultra-low quiescent current, and phase-locked synchronization to an external clock. The spread spectrum option minimizes EMI interference.
The IC features the power-OK indicators for buck converters and undervoltage lockout for each power rail. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown. The MAX20057 is specified for operation over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
- ● Navigation and Radio Head Units
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX20057 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested application circuit that simplifies the evaluation of the MAX20057 400kHz/2.1MHz, 36V boost controller and dual buck converters. All installed components are rated for the automotive temperature range. Various test points and jumpers are included for evaluation.
The standard EV kit comes with the MAX20057ATIE/VY+ installed (5V, 3.3V, 2.1MHz), but can also be used to evaluate other MAX20057 variants with minimal component changes shown in the MAX20057 EV Kit Bill of Materials.
- Automotive Start-Stop System
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- Instrument Cluster
- Navigation and Radio Head Units
Features & Benefits
- Dual High-Voltage Step-Down Converters with Integrated Power FETs to Minimize Board- Area-Occupancy
- Asynchronous Boost Controller
- 3.5V to 40V Input Supply Range
- Input Supply Range Extended Down to 2V with Boost Preenabled
- 10V Fixed Boost Output Voltage
- Buck1 Provides 5V Output Up To 3.5A Output Current
- Buck2 Provides 3.3V Output Up To 2A Output Current
- Buck Output Voltages Adjustable Between 1V and 10V Using External Resistors
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy for Buck Converters
- Selectable Buck2 Input Source
- Frequency-Synchronization Input
- Independent Enable Inputs
- Voltage-Monitoring PGOOD Outputs
- Jumpers and Test Points on Key Nodes for Simplified Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
EE-Sim® Power Tools
The EE-Sim DC-DC Converter Tool uses your requirements to quickly create a complete power design including a schematic, BOM with commercially available parts, and time and frequency domain simulations. Your customized schematic can be downloaded for further analysis in the standalone EE-Sim OASIS Simulator, featuring SIMPLIS and SIMetrix SPICE engines.
MAX20057 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.