Features and Benefits
- High-Efficiency Voltage DC-DC Controller Saves Power
- 3.5V to 36V Operating Supply Voltage
- Output Voltage: Pin Selectable, Fixed, or Resistor-Divider Adjustable
- 350kHz to 2.1MHz Operation
- 30µA Quiescent Current with DC-DC Controller Enabled
- Dual 2.1MHz DC-DC Converters with Integrated FETs Save Space
- OUT2 and OUT3 are Cascaded from OUT1, Improving Efficiency
- 3A Integrated FETs
- 0.8V to 3.95V Output Voltage
- Fixed or Resistor-Divider-Adjustable Output Voltage
- 180° Out-of-Phase Operation
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Current-Mode Architecture with Forced-PWM and Skip Modes of Operation
- Frequency Synchronization Input/Output Reduces System Noise
- Individual Enable Inputs and Active-Low RESET_ Outputs
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- AECQ-100 Qualified
- 32-Pin TQFN-EP (5mm x 5mm x 0.75mm) and Side-Wettable QFND-EP (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm)
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX16993 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that contains all the components necessary to evaluate the MAX16993 power-management IC (PMIC). The EV kit includes one high-voltage step-down controller and two low-voltage step-down converters.
The EV kit can operate from 3.5V to 36V input voltages and is optimized for automotive infotainment applications. The high-voltage controller is configured for a 5V output that provides at least 5A. The low-voltage step-down converters are configured for 3.3V and 1.2V, each providing up to 3A. The EV kit can be easily reconfigured to operate in continuous PWM mode, skip mode, or external synchronization operation.
The EV kit comes with a MAX16993AGJA/VY+ device installed, but is capable of evaluating other variants of the MAX16993 IC. Refer to the MAX16993 IC data sheet for external component selection.
Features & Benefits
- 3.5V to 36V Input Range
- 20µA Quiescent Current with DC-DC Controller Enabled
- Output Voltages
- 5V Output at 5A (High-Voltage Step-Down Controller, Buck 1)
- 3.3V Output at 3A (Step-Down Converter, Buck 2)
- 1.2V Output at 3A (Step-Down Converter, Buck 3)
- High-Frequency Operation
- 2.1MHz or Optional Divide-Down Operation for Buck 1
- Individual Enable Inputs and Reset Outputs
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
MAX16993 Reliability Data1/12/202395K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.