Features and Benefits
- System Monitoring for 5V, 3.3V, 3V, 2.5V, or 1.8V Power-Supply Voltages
- 1.53V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- Low 1.2µA Supply Current (0.25µA in Battery-Backup Mode)
- 145ms (min) Reset Timeout Period
- Battery Freshness Seal
- On-Board Gating of CE Signals, 1.5ns Propagation Delay (MAX16020/MAX16021)
- Debounced Manual Reset Input
- Watchdog Timer, 1.2s (typ) Timeout
- Power-Fail Comparator and Low-Line Indicator for Monitoring Voltages Down to 0.6V
- Battery-On, Battery-OK, and Battery Test Indicators
- Small 10-Pin TDFN or 16-Pin TQFN Packages
The MAX16016/MAX16020/MAX16021 supervisory circuits monitor power supplies, provide battery-backup control, and chip-enable (CE) gating to write protect memory in microprocessor (µP)-based systems. These low-power devices improve system reliability by providing several supervisory functions in a small, single integrated solution.
The MAX16016/MAX16020/MAX16021 perform four basic system functions:
- Provide a µP reset output during VCC supply power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
- Control VCC to battery-backup switching internally to maintain data or low-power operation for memories, real-time clocks (RTCs), and other digital logic when the main power is removed.
- Provide memory write protection through internal chip-enable gating during brownout.
- Provide a combination of additional supervisory functions listed in the Features section in the full data sheet.
The MAX16016/MAX16020/MAX16021 are available in small TDFN/TQFN packages and are fully specified for an operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
- GPS Systems
- Industrial Control
- Main/Backup Power for RTCs, CMOS Memories
- Point-of-Sale Equipment
- Portable/Battery Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX16021 Reliability Data1/12/202333K
MAX16021 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.