Features and Benefits
- 8V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- 3V to 0.95 × VIN Output Voltage Range
- 60kHz to 1MHz Switching Frequency Range
- Interleaved 1/2/3/4/6/8-Phase Operation
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Internal LDO for Bias Supply Generation
- Synchronization Input
- Current Monitor Output
- Internal 2V Precision Reference
- 2Ω Pullup and 0.6Ω Pulldown Fast Power FET Drivers
- Accurate MOSFET Dead Time Adaptive Control
- Adjustable Input Undervoltage Lockout
- Adjustable Input EN
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle OvercurrentProtection
- Input Undervoltage Fault Protection
- Multiple Levels of Overvoltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Adjustable Slope Compensation
- Discrete Inductor or Compact Coupled Inductor Architecture
- Lossless RDSON or Resistor Current Sensing
The MAX15157D is the evolution of the MAX15157B HV buck controller family. The MAX15157D implements a single-phase, PWM valley current-mode controller and drives two external power MOSFETs in a buck configuration. The output voltage can be dynamically set through the 1V to 2.2V reference input (REFIN) for modular design support.
The switching frequency is controlled either through external resistor that sets the internal oscillator, or by synchronizing the regulator to an external clock. The device is designed to support 60kHz to 1MHz switching frequencies. The controller has a dedicated undervoltage lockout pin (UVLO) and an accurate enable input threshold for flexible power sequence configuration. The controller also has multiple fault-protection circuits to protect against overcurrent (OCP) adjustable through the ILIM pin, output overvoltage (OVP), input undervoltage (UVLO), and thermal shutdown.
The MAX15157D features an adjustable internal compensation ramp. The device incorporates an accurate current-sense amplifier that reports output current through an analog output (IMON).
The MAX15157D features lossless LS FET RDSON or resistor current sensing. The device allows programmable single-phase or multiphase operation, up to eight interleaved phases, and implements an accurate current balance scheme. The MAX15157D can operate with either discrete inductors or coupled inductors in case of multiphase operation.
The device is available in a 5mm × 5mm, 32-pin TQFN package and supports a -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Data Center
- Multiphase Buck
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX15157D evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that contains all of the components necessary to evaluate the performance of the MAX15157D high-efficiency step-down regulator. The EV kit is powered from a 40V to 60V DC supply. It is capable of delivering 12V/20A output at a 150kHz switching frequency. Refer to the MAX15157D data sheet to set the switching frequency and input/output voltage ranges for the EV kit.
- Multiphase Buck
Features & Benefits
- 40V to 60V Input Voltage Range (Configurable from 8V to 60V)
- 12V Output Voltage (Configurable from 3V to 0.95 × VIN)
- Adjustable Slope Compensation Ramp
- Multiphase Operation up to 8 Phases
- Adjustable 60kHz to 1MHz Switching Frequency
- External Switching Frequency Clock Synchronization
- External REFIN Input for Output Adjustment
- Hiccup Fault Protection for Overcurrent and Thermal Shutdown
- PGOOD Output (Power-Good Output)
- Adjustable Input UVLO and Output OVP Voltage
- Adjustable Soft-Start
- Monotonic Startup into Prebiased Output
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.