Features and Benefits
- Optimized for Compact and Portable Applications
- High-Density, Eight-Channel 5-Level Pulser in a 68-Pin, 10mm x 10mm TQFN Package
- Integrated Low-Power, Low-Noise Active T/R Switches
- DirectDrive® Architecture Eliminates External Floating Power Supply (FPS) and HV Signal Capacitors
- Embedded Beam Formation Eliminates Transmit FPGA, Simplifies PCB Layout, and EasesSynchronization.
- Supports Receive Multiplexing
- Can Use Internal/External Beamforming Resources
- Embedded Digital Resources for Beamforming
- 1K x 24 Pulse Wave Table Memory Stores up to 1024 Unique Patterns 8 Symbols Each(3 bits/symbol)
- 1.5K x 24 Line Number Memory Stores Delayand Pattern Address Information for Up to 1.5K Different Lines
- 128 x 24 Line Type Registers Store Global Line Type Information Common to All Channels
- State Machine for Delay Beam Formation with 5ns Time Resolution
- Programmable Number of Cycles and Pattern Timebase (Sample Duration)
- High Performance (Designed to Enhance Image Quality)
- Excellent -40dBc at 5MHz Second HarmonicDistortion and Pulse Inversion
- Low-Propagation Delay 14ns (typ) Ensures Excel¬lent Phase Noise for Doppler Modes and Excellent Part-to-Part Matching
- Fast Rising/Falling Edges Enable Fine Resolution PWM and Acoustic Power Control
- Low Power
- Low Quiescent Power Dissipation (4.3mW/Channel Typical)
- Programmable Current Capability for CWD and Low-Voltage Modes
- Thermal Warning at 110°C
- Thermal Shutdown at 150°C
- Output-Clamping Diodes to the HV Rails
The MAX14815 is a highly integrated, octal 5-level, high-voltage ultrasound transmitter (pulser).The pulser generates high-frequency HV bipolar pulses for driving piezoelectric transducers in ultrasound systems from two independent pairs of HV supplies. Each channel can transmit up to 200VPP with up to 2A current capability and features an integrated 2A active clamp (Return to Zero). The current capability can be programmed down to 0.4A. The pulser can be controlled using embedded digital resources (SRAM and state machine) that can be used to support transmit beamforming, resulting in dramatic savings in the number of interconnects and FPGA I/Os. The embedded digital resources are programmed via a high-speed serial interface and support sophisticated transmit techniques like PWM for burst shaping and apodization for beam shaping. Alternatively, the device can be controlled in a conventional manner by an external digital source (FPGA) through dedicated CMOS logic inputs. The MAX14815 also features eight independent low-noise, low-impedance active T/R switches. The T/R switches can be externally configured to support receive multiplexing in which a fewer number of receive channels than transmit channels are used. The MAX14815 is packaged in a 10mm x 10mm TQFN package.
- HV Transducers MEMS Drivers
- Ultrasound Industrial Applications (NDT)
- Ultrasound Medical Imaging
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX14815 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX14815 high-voltage, highfrequency, 5-level octal pulser.
The MAX14815 EV kit features an on-board USB to SPI interface, on-board high frequency clock generator, and synchronous trigger. The MAX14815 also includes Windows 7®, Windows 8.1®, and Windows 10® compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) to exercise the beamforming features of the IC, making it a complete PC-based evaluation platform.
Features & Benefits
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14815
- Configurable for Three-Level or Five-Level Mode
- Programmable Master Clock Frequency and Trigger
- Option for External Clock and External Trigger
- Includes 3.5mm Scope-Probe Jacks for High-Voltage Outputs
- Windows XP®, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout
- RoHS Compliant
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.