Features and Benefits
- High-Efficiency Switching Charger Tailored for Small Capacity Batteries Saves Space, Extends Battery Life
- Battery Isolation Switch Extends Battery Shelf Life
- Hardware/Software Configurable
- Integrated Power-Key Monitor
- Integration Simplifies and Shrinks Display Driving Circuitry
- 3-Channel Programmable-LED Current Sinks
- Integrated Step-Up Converter
- Integrated Protection and Control for Reliable Performance
- Fully Integrated Cable Detection Controller to Ensure Measurement Accuracy
- Overvoltage and Thermal Protection
- 28V Tolerant VB Input Connection
- High ESD Protection (VB, DP, DM, Active-Low KIN)
- ±15kV HBM ESD Protection
- ±10kV Air-Gap Protection
- ±8kV Contact Discharge Protection
- Manual Reset Controller
- Programmable Interrupt Generation (I2C)
- Integrated ModelGauge Host-Side Fuel Gauge Saves Space and Accurately Estimates State of Charge
- ModelGauge Algorithm
- Tolerates Temperature & Load Variation
- No Error Accumulation
- Learning Not Necessary
- Current-Sense Resistor Not Required
The MAX14663 is a complete power solution for portable medical devices, including blood glucose meters.
The device integrates a high-efficiency single-cell Li-ion switching charger targeted at space-limited portable applications with small batteries.
An ultra low-power seal mode which significantly reduces standby current and preserves battery charge during prolonged periods of storage is also included. This mode extends battery shelf life, and enables improved customer experience with immediate out-of-box use.
Additionally, the MAX14663 embeds a Maxim proprietary ModelGauge™ (fuel gauge), which provides an accurate estimate of the available capacity for rechargeable Li-ion batteries.
A boost converter and LED current sinks are also integrated for powering OLED displays or LED backlights. Internal cable-detection circuitry enables the MAX14663 to identify the presence of an unpowered/unconnected USB cable. This information can be used by the portable system to intelligently select its operating mode, maximizing accuracy and minimizing measurement errors.
The MAX14663 operates over the -20°C to +70°C temperature range and is available in a (5mm x 5mm), 40-pin, TQFN-EP package.
- Portable Blood Glucose Meters
- Portable Medical Devices
- USB Connected Devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.