Features and Benefits
- Improved Charger Interoperability
- USB Charger Downstream Port (CDP) Emulation in S0 State
- Meets New USB Battery Charging (BC) Revision 1.2 Specification
- Backward Compatible with Previous USB BC Revisions
- Meets China YD/T1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Supports Standby Mode Charging for Apple BC Revision 1.2-Compatible Devices
- Greater User Flexibility
- CB0, CB1, and CB2 Pins Control Multiple Automatic and Manual Charger States
- High Level of Integrated Features
- Low-Capacitance USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Switch to Change Charging Modes
- Automatic Current-Limit Switch Control
- Saves Space on Board
- 2mm x 2mm, 8-Pin TDFN Package
The MAX14617 is a third-generation USB 2.0 host charger identification device that combines USB Hi-Speed analog switches with a USB adapter emulator circuit.
The device supports pass-through mode and auto mode. In charging downstream port (CDP) pass-through mode, the device emulates the CDP function while supporting normal USB traffic.
The device also supports charging downstream port (CDP) and standard downstream port (SDP) charging during the active state (S0). The MAX14617 also supports dedicated charging port (DCP) charging during the standby state (S3/S4/S5).
The MAX14617 is available in an 8-pin (2mm x 2mm) TDFN package, and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- USB Host Data/Chargers including:
- Flat-Panel Displays with USB
- Game Consoles
- Laptop and Desktop Computers
- Media Players
- USB Hubs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.