Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit, 225ksps ADC
- Analog Multiplexer with True-Differential Track/Hold (T/H)
- 8 Single-Ended Channels or 4 Differential Channels (Unipolar or Bipolar) (MAX1340/MAX1342)
- 4 Single-Ended Channels or 2 Differential Channels (Unipolar or Bipolar) (MAX1346/MAX1348)
- Excellent Accuracy: ±0.5 LSB INL, ±0.5 LSB DNL
- 12-Bit, Quad, 2µs Settling DAC
- Ultra-Low Glitch Energy (4nVs)
- Power-Up Options from Zero Scale or Full Scale
- Excellent Accuracy: ±0.5 LSB INL
- Internal Reference or External Single-Ended/Differential Reference Internal Reference Voltage (4.096V)
- Internal ±1°C Accurate Temperature Sensor
- On-Chip FIFO Capable of Storing 16 ADC Conversion Results and One Temperature Result
- On-Chip Channel-Scan Mode and Internal Data-Averaging Features
- Analog Single-Supply Operation +4.75V to +5.25V
- Digital Supply: 2.7V to AVDD
- 25MHz, SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE Serial Interface
- AutoShutdown Between Conversions
- Low-Power ADC
- 2.5mA at 225ksps
- 22µA at 1ksps
- 0.2µA at Shutdown
- Low-Power DAC: 1.5mA
- Evaluation Kit Available (Order MAX1258EVKIT)
The MAX1340/MAX1342/MAX1346/MAX1348 integrate a multichannel, 12-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a quad, 12-bit, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a single IC. The devices also include a temperature sensor and configurable general-purpose I/O ports (GPIOs) with a 25MHz SPI™-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-compatible serial interface. The ADC is available in a 4 or an 8 input-channel version. The four DAC outputs settle within 2.0µs, and the ADC has a 225ksps conversion rate.
All devices include an internal reference (4.096V) providing a well-regulated, low-noise reference for both the ADC and DAC. Programmable reference modes for the ADC and DAC allow the use of an internal reference, an external reference, or a combination of both. Features such as an internal ±1°C accurate temperature sensor, FIFO, scan modes, programmable internal or external clock modes, data averaging, and AutoShutdown™ allow users to minimize both power consumption and processor requirements. The low glitch energy (4nVs) and low digital feedthrough (0.5nVs) of the integrated quad DACs make these devices ideal for digital control of fast-response closed-loop systems.
The devices are guaranteed to operate with a supply voltage from +4.75V to +5.25V The devices consume 2.5mA at 225ksps throughput, only 22µA at 1ksps throughput, and under 0.2µA in the shutdown mode. The MAX1342/MAX1348 offer four GPIOs that can be configured as inputs or outputs.
The MAX1340/MAX1342/MAX1346/MAX1348 are available in 36-pin thin QFN packages. All devices are specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Closed-Loop Controls for Optical Components and Base Stations
- Data Acquisition Systems
- System Supervision and Control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.