Features and Benefits
- Dual, Fast, Analog Loops with Digital Interface for Control and Monitoring
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 5.75V Standalone, 2.375V to 5.75V with Aux 5V Bias
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V to 3.6V
- ±0.5% Maximum DC Output Error Over Temperature
- 14A DC Typical, 17A Peak Output Current, per Channel
- ±10% Current Readback Accuracy at 10A Load
- 400kHz PMBus-Compliant I2C Serial Interface
- Integrated 16-Bit ΔΣ ADC
- Supports Telemetry Polling Rates Up to 125Hz
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Control
- Parallel and Current Share Multiple Modules
- All 7-Bit Slave Addresses Supported
- Drop-In Pin-Compatible to Dual 10A LTM4686 and Dual 9A LTM4675 and Dual 13A LTM4676A and Dual 18A LTM4677
- 16mm × 11.9mm × 1.82mm LGA Package
- Readable Data
- Input and Output Voltages, Currents, and Temperatures
- Running Peak Values, Uptime, Faults and Warnings
- Onboard EEPROM with ECC and Fault Log Record
- Writable Data and Configurable Parameters
- Output Voltage, Voltage Sequencing and Margining
- Digital Soft-Start/Stop Ramp
- OV/UV/OT, UVLO, Frequency and Phasing
The LTM4686B is a dual 14A (17A peak) or single 28A (34A peak) step-down μModule® (micromodule) DC/ DC regulator with 39ms turn-on time. It features remote configurability and telemetry-monitoring of power management parameters over PMBus—an open standard I2C-based digital interface protocol . The LTM4686B is comprised of fast analog control loops, precision mixed-signal circuitry, EEPROM, power MOSFETs, inductors and supporting components. A video on ultrathin module products is available on the website.
The LTM4686B’s 2-wire serial interface allows outputs to be margined, tuned and ramped up and down at programmable slew rates with sequencing delay times. Input and output currents and voltages, output power, temperature, uptime and peak values are readable. Custom configuration of the EEPROM contents is not required. Pin-strap resistors configure start-up settings. The LTpowerPlay® GUI, DC1613 USB-to-PMBus converter, DC2086 programming adapter and demo kits are available.
Pb-free and RoHS compliant, the LTM4686B is available in a 16mm × 11.9mm × 1.82mm LGA package.
- System Optimization in Prototype and Production
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.