Features and Benefits
- Dual 4A/Single 8A Low EMI Switch Mode Power Supply
- EN55022 Class B Compliant
- Two Fully Independent Channels, Each Configurable for Positive or Negative Output Voltage Polarity
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V ≤ |VOUTn + – VOUTn –| ≤ 26.5V
- Wide Input Voltage Range: Up to 40V
- 3.1V or 3.6V Start-Up, Configuration-Dependent
- ±1.67% Total DC Output Voltage Error Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Analog Output Current Indicator (Positive-VOUT Only)
- LDOOUT: 5V Fixed, 25mA Capable LDO
- Parallelable with LTM4651/LTM4653
- Constant-Frequency Current Mode Control
- Power Good Indicators and Programmable Soft-Start
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- 16mm × 16mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
The LTM4655 is an ultralow noise 40V, dual 4A or single 8A DC/DC μModule® regulator designed to meet the radiated emissions requirements of EN55022. Its channels are fully independent, parallelable and capable of delivering positive or negative output polarity. Conducted emission requirements can be met by adding standard filter components. Included in the package are the switching controllers, power MOSFETs, inductors, filters and support components. A 5V, 25mA LDO and clock generator enable phase interleaving of the power switching stages, for improved EMC performance.
The LTM4655 can regulate positive VOUTn + voltages between 0.5V and 26.5V from a 3.1V to 40V input. The LTM4655 can regulate negative VOUTn – voltages between –0.5V and –26.5V from a maximum input range of 3.6V to 40V, with the span from VINn to VOUTn – not to exceed 40V. A switching frequency range of 250kHz to 3MHz is supported.
The LTM4655 is offered in a 16mm × 16mm × 5.01mm BGA package with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- Automated Test and Measurement
- Avionics and Industrial Control Systems
- Video, Imaging and Instrumentation
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.