Features and Benefits
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
- Monitor Voltage, Current, Temperature and Faults
- Program Voltage, Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, AVP and UV/OV/OC Limits
- 3V ≤ VINSNS ≤ 38V, 0.1V (Limited by DrMOS tON_MIN) ≤ VOUT ≤ 5.25V
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Error
- Programmable PWM Frequency or External Clock Synchronization from 250kHz to 2.5MHz
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing
- Internal EEPROM with Fault Logging and ECC
- IC Supply Range: 3V to 13.2V
- Resistor or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Supports Start-Up Into a Prebiased Load
- Optional Resistor Programming for Key Parameters
- 99-Lead BGA Package (9mm × 7.5mm)
The LTC7883 is a quad, PolyPhase DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controller with PMBus compliant serial interface. It uses a constant frequency, leading-edge modulation, voltage mode architecture for excellent transient response and output regulation. Each PWM channel can produce output voltages from 0.1V to 5.25V using a wide range of 3.3V compatible power stages, including power blocks, DrMOS or discrete FET drivers. LTC7883 devices can operate in parallel, supporting ideal phasor positioning for PolyPhase rails up to 8-phases.
System configuration and monitoring is supported by the LTpowerPlay® software tool. The LTC7883 serial interfaces can read back input voltage, output voltage and current, temperature and fault status. Most operating parameters can be set via the digital interfaces or stored in internal EEPROM for use at power-up. Switching frequency and phase, output voltage and device address can also be set using external configuration resistors.
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Servers, Network and Storage Equipment
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.