Features and Benefits
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V
- 1% Total Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature at VIN = 12V
- PMBus Compliant Serial Interface:
- Programmable VOUT: Up to 60V with 0.2% Resolution
- Read Back of Average and Peak Temperature, Current, and Voltage (25Hz Refresh Rate)
- Fault Status
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 75kHz to 850kHz
- Less than 1ms Power-Up Time
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Driver from VBIAS or EXTVCC
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ < 10μA
- Clock Out for 4-Phase Operation (40A Output Current)
- Available in a Thermally-Enhanced 5mm x 6mm QFN
The LTC7841 is a high performance PolyPhase® single output synchronous boost converter controller that drives two N-channel power MOSFET stages out-of-phase. Multiphase operation reduces input and output capacitor requirements and allows the use of smaller inductors than the single-phase equivalent. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power loss and eases thermal requirements, enabling high power boost applications. The output voltage can be adjusted up to 60V with 0.2% resolution via a PMBus-compliant serial interface. The serial interface can also be used to read back fault status, input/output current, input/output voltage and temperature. System configuration and monitoring is supported by the LTpowerPlay® development system.
PolyPhase operation allows the LTC7841 to be configured for 2-, 3-, 4-, 6-, and 12-phase operation.
- Automotive Systems, Medical, Industrial
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Protected by U. S. Patents, including 5408150, 5481178, 5705919, 5929620, 6144194, 6177787, 6580258.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.