Features and Benefits
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 140V (150V Abs Max)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 1V ≤ VOUT ≤ 60V
- Low Operating IQ: 16μA (48VIN to 12VOUT and 3.3VOUT)
- Adjustable Gate Drive Level Up to 10V
- Optional Spread Spectrum Operation
- Very Low Dropout: 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Low IQ in Dropout: 78µA (One Channel On)
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 720kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 750kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping, or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Onboard LDO or External NMOS LDO for DRVCC
- EXTVCC LDO Powers Drivers from VOUT
- Programmable Input Overvoltage Lockout
- 48-Lead (7mm × 7mm) eLQFP Package
The LTC7810 is a high performance dual step-down DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages that can operate from voltages up to 140V. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 720kHz.
The low no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. The LTC7810 features a precision 1V reference, enabling the output voltage to be programmed from 1V to 60V. The gate drive voltage for the LTC7810 can be programmed to 6V, 8V, or 10V to allow the use of logic-level or standard-threshold FETs and to maximize efficiency.
The LTC7810 additionally features spread spectrum operation which significantly reduces the peak radiated and conducted noise on both the input and output supplies, making it easier to comply with electromagnetic interference (EMI) standards.
- Automotive and Transportation
- Industrial and Telecommunications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2529A is a dual output synchronous buck converter featuring the LTC7810ELXE in a 48-lead eLQFP package.
Key features of this board include: an optional on-board NMOS LDO for DRVCC; jumper for spread-spectrum option; optional resistors for single output dual phase operation; a mode selector that allows the converter to run in CCM, pulse-skipping, adjustable burst clamp or default Burst Mode® operation; SYNC turret for Poly-Phase® operation.
The input voltage range of this demo board is from 16V to 130V and it uses a sense resistor for overcurrent protection. The LTC7810 data sheet gives a complete description of the part, operation and application information and must be read in conjunction with this demo manual for DC2529A.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.