Features and Benefits
- Frequency Error <0.09% Max at 25°C
- Start-Up Time <110μs at All Frequencies
- 1.7V to 5.5V Single Supply Operation
- 105μA Typical Supply Current at 32kHz, V+ = 3V
- 490μA Typical Supply Current at 8MHz, V+ = 3V
- Typical RMS Period Jitter <0.15% at V+ = 3V
- No External Components to Set Frequency
- 5 Options Cover 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz:
- LTC6930-4.19: 4.194304MHz ÷ N
- LTC6930-5.00: 5.000000MHz ÷ N
- LTC6930-7.37: 7.372800MHz ÷ N
- LTC6930-8.00: 8.000000MHz ÷ N
- LTC6930-8.19: 8.192000MHz ÷ N
- Where N = 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128
- (N Determined by State of DIVA, DIVB, DIVC Pins)
- –55°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Tiny 2mm x 3mm DFN or MS8 Package
The LTC6930 series is a family of very low power precision silicon oscillators with a frequency error less than 0.09%. For each oscillator, the user can select one of 8 frequencies between 32.768kHz and 8.192MHz. Based on a fixed master oscillator frequency, internal frequency dividers between 1 and 128 provide the 8 different frequencies. The LTC6930 requires no external components other than power supply bypass capacitors. Requiring only a single 1.7V to 5.5V supply enables operation from a single Li-Ion cell or 2 AA alkaline cells.
The LTC6930 features a proprietary control architecture that allows for ultralow power operation while maintaining industry leading accuracy and jitter specifications. The exceptionally fast start-up time, combined with the low power consumption, is ideal for battery operated applications with frequent power-up cycles.
Any frequency from 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz can be provided by the factory. Minimum order sizes apply for custom frequencies.
- Digitally Controlled Oscillator
- Microprocessor Clock
- Power Supply Clock
- Portable and Battery Operated Devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (5)
DC1141A-C: Demo Board for LTC6930-X.XX 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz Precision µPower Oscillators
DC1141A-E: Demo Board for LTC6930-X.XX 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz Precision µPower Oscillators
DC1141A-D: Demo Board for LTC6930-X.XX - 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz Precision µPower Oscillators
DC1141A-B: Demo Board for LTC6930-X.XX 32.768kHz to 8.192MHz Precision µPower Oscillators
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.