Features and Benefits
- 1kHz to 68MHz Square Wave Output
- 0.5% (Typ) Initial Frequency Accuracy
- Frequency Error <1.1% Over All Settings
- 10ppm/°C Typical Frequency Drift Over Temperature
- 0.1% Resolution
- 1.7mA Typical Supply Current (f < 1MHz, VS = 2.7V)
- 2.7V to 5.5V Single Supply Operation
- Jitter <0.4% Typical 1kHz to 8MHz
- Easy to Use SPI (LTC6903) or I2C (LTC6904) Serial Interface
- Output Enable Pin
- –55°C to 125°C Operation
- MS8 Package
The LTC6903/LTC6904 are low power self contained digital frequency sources providing a precision frequency from 1kHz to 68MHz, set through a serial port. The LTC6903/ LTC6904 require no external components other than a power supply bypass capacitor, and they operate over a single wide supply range of 2.7V to 5.5V.
The LTC6903/LTC6904 feature a proprietary feedback loop that linearizes the relationship between digital control setting and frequency, resulting in a very simple frequency setting equation:
where OCT is a 4-bit digital code and DAC is a 10-bit digital code.
The LTC6903 is controlled by a convenient SPI compatible serial interface. The LTC6904 uses an industry standard I2C compatible interface.
- Precision Digitally Controlled Oscillator
- Power Management
- Direct Digital Frequency Synthesis (DDS) Replacement
- Replacement for DAC and VCO
- Switched Capacitor Filter Clock
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
3rd Party Solutions (1)
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.