Features and Benefits
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Measures Up to 6 Battery Cells in Series
- 1.8mV Maximum Total Measurement Error
- Stackable Architecture Supports 100s of Cells
- 290μs to Measure All Cells in a System
- Built-in isoSPI™ Interface
- 1Mb Isolated Serial Communications
- Uses Single Twisted Pair, Up to 100 Meters
- Low EMI Susceptibility and Emissions
- Bidirectional for Broken Wire Protection
- Guaranteed Performance Down to 5V
- Performs Redundant Cell Measurements
- Engineered for ISO 26262 Compliant Systems
- Passive Cell Balancing with Programmable Pulse Width Modulation
- 4 General Purpose Digital I/O or Analog Inputs
- Temperature or Other Sensor Inputs
- Configurable as an I2C or SPI master
- 4μA Sleep Mode Supply Current
- 44-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC6810 is a multicell battery stack monitor. The LTC6810 measures up to 6 series-connected battery cells with a total measurement error of less than 1.8mV. The cell measurement range of 0V to 5V makes the LTC6810 suitable for most battery chemistries. All 6 cells can be measured in 290μs, and lower data acquisition rates can be selected for high noise reduction.
Multiple LTC6810-1 devices can be connected in series, permitting simultaneous cell monitoring of long, high voltage battery strings. Each LTC6810 has an isoSPI interface for high speed, RF-immune, long distance communications. Using the LTC6810-1, multiple devices are connected in a daisy chain with one host processor connection for all devices. The LTC6810-1 supports bidirectional operation, allowing communication even with a broken wire. Using the LTC6810-2, multiple devices are connected in parallel to the host processor, with each device individually addressed.
The LTC6810 can be powered directly from the battery stack or from an isolated supply. The LTC6810 includes passive balancing for each cell, with PWM duty cycle control for each cell and the ability to perform redundant cell measurements. Other features include an onboard 5V regulator, 4 general purpose I/O lines and a sleep mode in which current consumption is reduced to 4μA.
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Backup Battery Systems
- Grid Energy Storage
- High Power Portable Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.