Features and Benefits
- 36 Measurement Channels Monitor up to 144 Fuel Cells in Series
- Channel Measurement Range: ±5V
- Cell Stack Voltage Range: –80V to 150V
- Operates from a Single 5V Supply
- Stackable Architecture Supports Large Fuel Cell Stacks
- Built-In isoSPI™ Interface
- 1MB/s Isolated Serial Communications
- Uses a Single Twisted Pair, Up to 100 Meters
- Low EMI Susceptibility and Emissions
- Bidirectional for Broken Wire Protection
- 15mV Total Measurement Error
- 6.75ms to Measure All Cells in a System
- Delta-Sigma Converter with Built-In Noise Filter
- Six General Purpose Digital I/O or Analog Inputs
- Temperature or Other Sensor Inputs
- 12μA Sleep Mode Supply Current
- 64-Lead LQFP Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC6806 is a fuel cell monitor that measures up to 144 Series Connected Fuel cells with a total measurement error of less than 15mV. The LTC6806 includes 36 input channels, each with a ±5V measurement range allowing each channel to measure from 1 to 4 series-connected fuel cells.
All 36 inputs can be measured within 6.75ms in fast ADC mode. Lower data acquisition rates can be selected for high noise reduction. In the normal ADC mode, all cells are measured within 10.3ms, with a total measurement error of less than 15mV.
Each LTC6806 has an isoSPI interface for high speed, RF-immune, long distance communications. Two communication modes are available by pin selection: in daisy-chain mode, multiple devices are connected in a daisy chain with one host processor connection for all devices; in parallel mode, multiple devices are connected in parallel to the host processor, with each device individually addressed.
Multiple LTC6806 devices can be connected in series, permitting simultaneous cell monitoring of very large fuel cell stacks. As shown in the typical application, twelve LTC6806s are connected in series to monitor 432 fuel cells. Alternatively, 432 cells can be monitored using six ICs by monitoring groups of two cells, or four ICs by monitoring groups of three cells.
- Fuel Cell Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Backup Power Systems
- High Power Portable Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.