Features and Benefits
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Measures Up to 12 Li-Ion Cells in Series (60V Max)
- Stackable Architecture Enables Monitoring High Voltage Battery Stacks
- Individually Addressable with 4-Bit Address
- 0.25% Maximum Total Measurement Error
- 13ms to Measure All Cells in a System
- Cell Balancing:
- On-Chip Passive Cell Balancing Switches
- Provision for Off-Chip Passive Balancing
- Two Thermistor Inputs Plus Onboard Temperature Sensor
- 1MHz Serial Interface with Packet Error Checking
- High EMI Immunity
- Delta-Sigma Converter with Built-In Noise Filter
- Open-Wire Connection Fault Detection
- Low Power Modes
- 44-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC6802-2 is a complete battery monitoring IC that includes a 12-bit ADC, a precision voltage reference, a high voltage input multiplexer and a serial interface. Each LTC6802-2 can measure 12 series connected battery cells, with a total input voltage up to 60V. The voltage on all 12 input channels can be measured within 13ms.
Many LTC6802-2 devices can be stacked to measure the voltage of each cell in a long battery string. Each LTC6802-2 has an individually addressable serial interface, allowing up to 16 LTC6802-2 devices to interface to one control processor and operate simultaneously.
To minimize power, the LTC6802-2 offers a measure mode to monitor each cell for overvoltage and undervoltage conditions. A standby mode is also provided to reduce supply current to 50µA.
Each cell input has an associated MOSFET switch that can discharge any overcharged cell.
The related LTC6802-1 offers a serial interface that allows the serial ports of multiple LTC6802-1 devices to be daisy chained without opto-couplers or isolators.
|LTC6802-1||Daisy Chain||Multiple devices can be connected in serial fashion without digital isolation.|
|LTC6802-2||Addressable||Parallel addressed SPI interface - each device in a chain communicates with a control processor in parallel via external digital isolators.|
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- High Power Portable Equipment
- Backup Battery Systems
- High Voltage Data Acquisition Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Product Selector Card (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (5)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.