Features and Benefits
- 2-Channel Ideal Diode OR’ing or Load Sharing
- Low Loss Replacement for PowerPath™ OR’ing Diodes
- Fast Response Replacement for LTC4413
- Low Forward On Resistance (140mΩ Max at 3.6V)
- Low Reverse Leakage Current
- Low Regulated Forward Voltage (18mV Typ)
- Overvoltage Protection Sensor with Drive Output for an External P-Channel MOSFET (LTC4413-2 Only)
- 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Range
- 2.6A Maximum Forward Current
- Internal Current Limit Protection
- Internal Thermal Protection
- Status Output to Indicate if Selected Channel is Conducting
- Programmable Channel On/Off
- Low Proﬁle (0.75mm) 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LTC4413-1 and LTC4413-2 each contain two monolithic ideal diodes, each capable of supplying up to 2.6A from input voltages between 2.5V and 5.5V. The ideal diodes use a 100mΩ P-channel MOSFET to independently connect INA to OUTA and INB to OUTB. During normal forward operation, the voltage drops across each of these diodes are regulated to as low as 18mV. Quiescent current is less than 80µA for diode currents up to 1A. If either of the output voltages exceeds its respective input voltage, that MOSFET is turned off and less than 1µA of reverse current ﬂows from OUT to IN. Maximum forward current in each MOSFET is limited to a constant 2.6A and internal thermal limiting circuits protect the part during fault conditions. An internal overvoltage protection sensor detects when a voltage exceeds the LTC4413-2 absolute maximum voltage tolerance.
Two active-high control pins independently turn off the two ideal diodes contained within the LTC4413-1/LTC4413-2. When the selected channel is reverse biased, or the LTC4413-1/LTC4413-2 is put into low power standby, the status signal is pulled low by an 11µA open drain.
The LTC4413-1/LTC4413-2 are housed in a 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN package.
|LTC4413-1||Lower Vfwd, Faster Response, Higher Iq|
|LTC4413-2||Lower Vfwd, Faster Response, Higher Iq, 13V (max) OVP|
- Battery and Wall Adapter Diode OR’ing in Handheld Products
- Backup Battery Diode OR’ing
- Power Switching
- USB Peripherals
- Uninterruptable Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.