Features and Benefits
- Controls Four Independent –48V Power Channels
- Each Channel has Separate Relay Drivers, ON/OFF Control, Short-Circuit Protection with Current Foldback, Open-Circuit Detection, and Power Good Indication
- Programmed via I2C™ Compatible Interface
- Five Bit Programmable Digital Address Allows Control of up to 32 LTC4255s (128 Channels)
- Interrupt on FAULT Output can be used to Eliminate Software Polling
- Programmable Current Limit and Open-Circuit Duration Periods
- Programmable Latchoff or Autoretry after Short-Circuit Faults
- Programmable Autoretry Duty Cycle
The LTC4255 is a quad –48V network power controller with independent relay drivers and I²C compatible interface. Each channel can be turned on and off via software control, while providing short-circuit protection, open-circuit detection, and power good indication. The short-circuit protection includes a current foldback feature to reduce power dissipation in the switch during shorts and start-up.
The serial interface allows up to 128 channels to be controlled with only two digital lines. A FAULT output can be used as an interrupt line to eliminate fault detection by software polling.
External switches and current sense resistors allow easy scaling of current and power dissipation levels and provide the maximum protection against voltage and current spikes.
The LTC4255 is available in the 28-pin SSOP package.
- IP Phone Systems
- DTE Power Distribution
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.