Features and Benefits
- LTC3887-1 Phase Extender
- Operates with Power Blocks, DrMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Cascade with Multiple Chips for Very Large Current Applications
- Accurate PolyPhase Current Sharing
- EXTVCC Capable of 5V to 14V Input
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V
- Wide Output Voltage Range : 0.5V to 14V
- Wide SYNC Frequency Range: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Pin Programmable CCM/DCM Operation
- Pin Programmable Phase-Shift Control
- Available in a 24-Pin (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package
The LTC3870-1 is a PolyPhase® step-down slave controller specially designed for multiphase operation with LTC's digital power system management DC/DC controllers. It provides a small and cost effective solution for supplying very large currents by cascading it with a LTC3887-1 controller. A peak current mode architecture provides the LTC3870-1 with excellent current sharing from phase to phase and from chip to chip.
Coherently working with the LTC3887-1, the LTC3870-1 does not require additional I2C addresses, and it supports all programmable features as well as fault protection. The constant switching frequency can be synchronized to an external clock from the LTC3887-1 over a range of 100kHz to 1MHz.
|Onboard MOSFET Gate Drivers||Package|
|LTC3870-1||No – Works with DrMOS and Power Blocks||4x4 QFN-24|
- High Power Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Industrial Applications
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2454A is a high current, high efficiency, poly-phase synchronous buck converter featuring the LTC3887EUJ-1, a dual-phase current mode controller, and the LTC3870EUF-1, a dual-phase slave controller. The LTC3887-1 has the PMBus interface and the power system management functions.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTC3870-1 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.