Features and Benefits
- Low Operating IQ: 170μA (One Channel On)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 38V
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz-850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz-900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Shutdown IQ: 8μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or EXTVCC
- No Current Foldback During Start-Up
- 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3858-2 is a high performance dual step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz. Power loss and noise due to the input capacitor ESR are minimized by operating the two controller outputs out of phase.
The 170μA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3858-2 differs from the LTC3858 by having the overvoltage protection crowbar and short-circuit latchoff disabled. A wide 4V to 38V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries.
Independent soft-start pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
|Features||Adjustable Current Limit, Clock Output, Phase Modulation, 2 PGOOD Outputs||Fixed Current Limit, One PGOOD Output||Overvoltage protection crowbar and short-circuit latchoff disabled
- Automotive Systems
- Battery Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.