Features and Benefits
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- ±1% Total Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature at VIN = 3.3V or 5V
- Single Resistor-Programmable Output Voltage
- PMBus Compliant Serial Interface:
- Programmable Output Voltage Margining: Up to ±25% VOUT Range with 0.1% Resolution
- Read back of Average and Peak Temperature, Current, and Voltage (25Hz Refresh Rate)
- Fault Status
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency Up to 3MHz
- Less Than 1ms Power-Up Time
- Integrated 13-Bit ADC
- Optional External Reference Input
- Pin Selectable Fast-Margining of the Output Voltage
- Power Good Flag with Pin Programmable Thresholds and Filter Delay
- Differential Remote Output Voltage Sensing
- Master Shutdown Mode: <1μA Supply Current
- Clock Out for 2-Phase Operation (12A Output Current)
- Available in a Thermally-Enhanced 38-Lead 4mm × 6mm QFN Package
The LTC3815 is a high efficiency, 6A monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a phase lockable controlled on-time, current mode architecture. The output voltage is programmable from 0.4V to 72% of VIN with a single external resistor or an external voltage reference through the reference input (REF) pin. The output voltage can be margined up or down up to ±25% with 0.1% resolution via a PMBus-compliant serial interface. The serial interface can also be used to read back fault status and both time-averaged (~4ms) and peak input/output current, input/output voltage and temperature. System configuration and monitoring is supported by the LTpowerPlay® development system.
The architecture provides extremely fast transient response and allows operation at the very low on-times required to regulate low output voltages at high switching frequencies. The operating frequency is programmable from 400kHz to 3MHz with an external resistor or for noise sensitive applications, it can be synchronized to an external clock over the same range. The operating supply voltage range is from 2.25V to 5.5V making it suitable for operation from 2.5V, 3.3V or 5V rails or Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Conversion
- ASIC/FPGA/Processor Power
- Distributed Power Systems
- Point of Load Power Conversion
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2065A is a synchronous buck converter using the LTC3815EUFE, a 6A monolithic buck regulator with power system management. The LTC3815 has the PMBus compliant serial interface and features, such as programmable output voltage margining, temperature monitoring, current and voltage read back, and fault status, etc.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.