Features and Benefits
- Very Low Duty Factor Operation (tON(MIN) < 85ns)
- No RSENSE™ Option for Maximum Efficiency
- Very Fast Transient Response
- Programmable Output Voltage Up/Down Tracking
- 2-Phase Operation Reduces Input Capacitance
- 0.6V ±1% Output Voltage Reference
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Monotonic Soft-Start
- On-board High Current MOSFET Drivers
- Wide VIN Range: Up to 36V
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Instant Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Power Good Output with 100µs Masking
- Available in 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3708 is a dual, 2-phase synchronous step-down switching regulator with output voltage up/down tracking capability. The IC allows either coincident or ratiometric tracking. Multiple LTC3708s can be daisy-chained in applications requiring more than two voltages to be tracked. Power supply sequencing is accomplished using an external soft-start timing capacitor.
The LTC3708 uses a constant on-time, valley current mode control architecture to deliver very low duty factors without requiring a sense resistor. Operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in input supply voltage. An internal phase-locked loop allows the IC to be synchronized to an external clock.
Fault protection is provided by an output overvoltage comparator and an optional short-circuit shutdown timer. The regulator current limit level is user programmable. A wide supply range allows voltages as high as 36V to be stepped down to 0.6V output.
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Digital Signal Processors
- Network Servers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.