Features and Benefits
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Pin Selectable Output Voltage: 1.28V/1.87V
- Low Ripple (<20mVP-P) Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 26µA
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 26µA
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Shutdown Mode Draws <1µA Supply Current
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 2mm × 2mm 6-Lead DFN
The LTC3563 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck converter using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. A voltage select input allows the user to program the output voltage to 1.28V or 1.87V. Supply current during operation is only 26µA, dropping to <1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3563 ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems. Internal power switches are optimized to provide high efficiency and eliminate the need for an external Schottky diode.
The switching frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The LTC3563 is specifically designed to work well with ceramic output capacitors, achieving very low output voltage ripple and a small PCB footprint.
The LTC3563 is configured for the power saving Burst Mode Operation.
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
- PDAs and Other Handheld Devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.