Features and Benefits
- 8 × 1A Power Stages Configurable as 2, 3, or 4 Output Channels
- 8 Unique Output Configurations (1A to 4A Per Channel)
- Independent VIN Supplies for Each DC/DC (2.25V to 5.5V)
- Low Total No Load Supply Current:
- Zero Current In Shutdown (All Channels Off)
- 63μA One Channel Active in Burst Mode® Operation
- 18μA Per Additional Channel
- Precision Enable Pin Thresholds for Autonomous Sequencing
- 1MHz to 3MHz RT Programmable Frequency (2MHz Default) or PLL Synchronization
- Temp Monitor Indicates Die Temperature
- PGOODALL Pin Indicates All Enabled Bucks Are in Regulation
- 32-Lead 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3370 is a highly flexible multioutput power supply IC. The device includes four synchronous buck converters, configured to share eight 1A power stages, each of which is powered from independent 2.25V to 5.5V inputs.
The DC/DCs are assigned to one of eight power configurations via pin programmable C1-C3 pins. The common buck switching frequency may be programmed with an external resistor, synchronized to an external oscillator, or set to a default internal 2MHz clock.
The operating mode for all DC/DCs may be programmed via the PLL/MODE pin for Burst Mode or forced continuous mode operation. A PGOODALL output indicates when all enabled DC/DCs are within a specified percentage of their final output value.
To reduce input noise, the buck converters are phased in 90° steps. Precision enable pin thresholds facilitate reliable power-up sequencing. The LTC3370 is available in a 32-lead 5mm × 5mm QFN package.
- General Purpose Multichannel Power Supplies: Automotive, Industrial, Distributed Power Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2311A is a 4-output power supply featuring the LTC3370. The LTC3370 has four current mode synchronous buck regulators which can be configured to share eight individual 1A power stages to create one of eight combinations of 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A regulators. The DC2311A is set up as four 2A buck regulators but can be modified to one of the other seven configurations.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.