Features and Benefits
- Sequence, Trim, Margin, Supervise, Manage and Log Faults, and Monitor Telemetry of Two Power Supplies
- Monitor Input Voltage from 0V to 60V, Input Current to Within 1%, and Accumulate Energy
- Manage Outputs from −60V to 60V and Margin or Trim to within 0.25%
- 1.8V to 3.3V PMBus/SMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
- Supported by LTpowerPlay® GUI
- Coordinate Sequencing and Fault Management Across Multiple ADI PSM Devices
- Operate Autonomously Without Additional Software
- Connect Directly to Regulator IMON Pins
- Can Be Powered from 3.3V, or 4.5V to 60V
- Available in a 49-Pin 7mm × 7mm BGA Package
The LTC2971, LTC2971-1, LTC2971-2, and LTC2971-3 are 2-channel high voltage Power System Managers used to sequence, trim (servo), margin, supervise, manage faults, provide telemetry and log faults. DACs use a proprietary soft-connect algorithm to minimize supply disturbances. Supervisory functions include over and under voltage and temperature threshold limits for two power supply output channels and one input channel. Programmable fault responses can disable the power supplies, configure retry, and trigger black box EEPROM storage of fault status and associated telemetry. An internal 16-bit ADC monitors two output voltages, two output currents, two external temperatures, input voltage and current, and die temperature. Input power, energy, and output power are also calculated. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity and resets if necessary. A single wire bus synchronizes power supplies across multiple ADI Power System Management (PSM) devices. Configuration EEPROM with ECC supports autonomous operation without additional software.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The DC2875A is a demonstration system for the LTC2971 Power System Manager that interfaces to various regulators. The board contains all the circuitry needed to demonstrate a power system that utilizes two 2-channel LTC2971 devices that manage four power supplies. The four power supplies include various switching regulators for the purpose of demonstrating a variety of methods to sense voltage and current. The demo board provides a sophisticated 4-channel digitally programmable power supply system.
The LTC2971 is a 2-channel I2C/SMBus/PMBus Power System Manager that features accurate input current and energy measurement and is capable of managing ±60V supplies. The device monitors input current and input voltage, and calculates input power and energy. The DC2875A demonstrates the ability of the LTC2971 to sequence, trim, margin, supervise, monitor, and log faults for four power supplies. The LTC2971 monitors each channel’s output voltage and output current and also monitors each channel’s external temperature sensor and its own internal die temperature.
The DC2875A board contains four independent power supply rails. All four rails are based on DC/DC switching regulators. The +36V and +32V channels are managed by an LTC2971 and the ±24V channels are managed by an LTC2971-1. The board is pre-configured with these voltages and may be re-configured with feedback resistors.
The LTpowerPlay® graphical user interface (GUI) supports this demonstration system and enables complete control of all the features of the LTC2971. Together, the LTpowerPlay software and DC2875A hardware system create a powerful development environment for designing and testing configuration settings of the LTC2971. LTpowerPlay stores these settings in the LTC2971 internal EEPROM or in a project file. The software displays all of the configuration settings and real time measurements from the Power System Management IC. Telemetry allows easy access and decoding of the fault log created by the LTC2971. The board comes preprogrammed with the EEPROM values appropriate for the four power supply rails on the DC2875A. Just plug and play!
Order pre-programmed devices from Analog Devices Express (ADX) using LTpowerPlay.
Features & Benefits
- Sequence, Trim, Margin, and Supervise Four Power Supplies
- Manage Faults, Monitor Telemetry, Create Fault Logs
- PMBus Compliant Command Set
- Supported by LTpowerPlay GUI
- Margin or Trim Supplies to 0.25% Accuracy
- Four IOUT and Two IIN Monitors
- Input Power Measurement and Energy Accumulation
- Fast OV/UV Supervisors per Channel
- Multi-Channel Fault Management
- Automatic Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Operates Autonomously without Additional Software
- Monitors: Voltage, Current, Power, Temperature
- 2-Channel Time-Based Output Sequencer
- I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- Powered from 8V to 18V
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.