Features and Benefits
- PROFIBUS IEC 61158-2 Compliant
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- ±52kV ESD Interface Pins, ±15kV All Other Pins
- ±2kV (Level 4) IEC61000-4-4 Fast Transient Burst
- ±25V Working Common Mode Range
- 20Mbps Maximum Baud Rate
- 1.65V to 5.5V Logic Supply Pin for Flexible Digital Interfacing (LTC2877)
- 5V Supply Can Operate Down to 3V for Low Power, Low Swing Applications
- Fully Balanced Differential Receiver Thresholds with 240mV Hysteresis for Superior Noise Tolerance and Low Duty Cycle Distortion
- Receiver Failsafe for Open, Shorted and Terminated Conditions
- Wide Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to 125°C
- Available in Small DFN and MSOP Packages
The LTC2876 and LTC2877 are PROFIBUS RS485 transceivers designed to meet the test specifications for PROFIBUS-DP masters and PROFIBUS-DP slaves, fully compatible with IEC 61158-2, type 3: medium attachment unit (MAU). With operation up to 20Mbps, the LTC2876/LTC2877 supports all PROFIBUS data rates up to 12Mbps.
The LTC2876 and LTC2877 are exceptionally robust, tolerating ±60V faults on the bus pins and protected to ±52kV ESD. These devices are suitable for harsh environments or where 24V power might be inadvertently connected. Extended ±25V input common mode range and full failsafe operation improve data communication reliability in noisy systems.
The LTC2876 and LTC2877 meet PROFIBUS and RS485 specifications with a supply voltage of 4.5V to 5.5V but can operate down to 3V with reduced supply current.
|Product Selection Guide|
|PART NUMBER||LOGIC SUPPLY PIN||PACKAGE|
- Industrial Communication Networks
- RS485 and RS422 Systems
- 3V Low Voltage Differential Signaling
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (2)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.