New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- 3.3V or 5V Supply Voltage
- High Speed CAN FD Operation Up to 4Mbps
- ±25kV ESD Interface Pins, ±8kV All Other Pins
- Variable Slew Rate Driver with Active Symmetry Control and SPLIT Pin for Low Electromagnetic Emission (EME)
- Extended Common Mode Range (±36V)
- Ideal Passive Behavior to CAN Bus with Supply Off
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Power-Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs
- Micropower Shutdown Mode
- Transmit Data (TXD) Dominant Timeout Function
- ISO 11898-2 and CAN FD Compliant
- DeviceNet Compatible
- Up to MP-Grade Available (–55°C to 125°C)
- 3mm × 3mm 8-Lead DFN and SO-8 Packages
The LTC2875 is a robust high speed, low power CAN transceiver operating on 3.3V or 5V supplies that features ±60V overvoltage fault protection on the data transmission lines during all modes of operation, including powerdown. The maximum data rate has been extended to 4Mbps to support high speed protocols based on the CAN physical layer. Supports up to 4Mbps CAN with Flexible Data Rate (CAN FD). Enhanced ESD protection allows these parts to withstand ±25kV HBM on the transceiver interface pins without latchup or damage.
Extended ±36V input common mode range and high common mode rejection on the CAN receiver provides tolerance of large ground loop voltages. A sophisticated CAN driver with active symmetry control maintains tight control of the common mode voltage for excellent electromagnetic emission, while the variable slew rate and split termination support allow additional EME reduction.
- Industrial Control and Instrumentation Networks
- Automotive and Transportation Electronics
- Building Automation, Security Systems, HVAC
- Medical Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2063A is a robust high speed, low power, ISO 11898-2 compliant CAN transceiver featuring the LTC2875. The demo circuit operates on 3.3V or 5V supplies and features ±60V overvoltage fault protection on the data transmission lines during all modes of operation. The demo circuit contains all the components necessary to demonstrate the features of the LTC2875 in a CAN network, including a terminated SMB jack for TXD data input, jumper selectable CAN bus termination (supporting either single or split termination configurations), and a jumper selectable variable slew rate control.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (2)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.