Features and Benefits
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps or Low EMI 250kbps Data Rate
- ±15kV ESD Interface Pins, ±8kV All Other Pins
- Extended Common Mode Range: ±25V
- Guaranteed Fail-safe Receiver Operation
- High Input Impedance Supports 256 Nodes
- 1.65V to 5.5V Logic Supply Pin (VL) for Flexible Digital Interface (LTC2865)
- MP-Grade Option Available (–55°C to 125°C)
- Fully Balanced Differential Receiver Thresholds for Low Duty Cycle Distortion
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Pin Compatible with LT1785 and LT1791
- Available in DFN and Leaded Packages
The LTC2862/LTC2863/LTC2864/LTC2865 are low power, 20Mbps or 250kbps RS485/RS422 transceivers operating on 3V to 5.5V supplies that feature ±60V overvoltage fault protection on the data transmission lines during all modes of operation, including power-down. Low EMI slew rate limited data transmission is available in a logic-selectable 250kbps mode in the LTC2865 and in 250kbps versions of the LTC2862-LTC2864. Enhanced ESD protection allows these parts to withstand ±15kV HBM on the transceiver interface pins without latch-up or damage.
Extended ±25V input common mode range and full fail-safe operation improve data communication reliability in electrically noisy environments and in the presence of large ground loop voltages.
|Part Number||Duplex||Enables||Max Data Rate||VL Pin|
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Industrial Control and Instrumentation Networks
- Automotive and Transportation Electronics
- Building Automation, Security Systems and HVAC
- Medical Equipment
- Lighting and Sound System Control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-RS485FD8EBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of full-duplex RS-485 transceivers with standard 8-lead SOIC footprints. The evaluation board allows interfacing via screw terminal block to digital I/O for driver input (DI) and receiver output (RO). Bus signals A, B, Y and Z (full-duplex bus) can be connected to a bus screw terminal block. Termination resistors are fitted across A and B, as well as Y and Z. These can be connected in half-duplex configuration (A to Y, B to Z), in order to evaluate the RS-485 driver. Footprints are provided for pull-up and pull-down (biasing resistors) on the receiver inputs in order to provide the option to evaluate an RS-485 receiver with this configuration.
Devices for evaluation on the board must be ordered separately.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTC2863 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.