New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps or Low EMI 250kbps Data Rate
- ±40kV HBM ESD Interface Pins, ±15kV Other Pins
- Enhanced Receiver and Failsafe Noise Immunity
- IEC Level 4 ESD and EFT on Interface Pins
- Extended Common Mode Range: ±25V
- Guaranteed Failsafe Receiver Operation
- High Input Impedance Supports 224 Nodes
- MP-Grade Option Available (–55°C to 125°C)
- Fully Balanced Differential Receiver Thresholds for Low Duty Cycle Distortion
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Compliant with TIA/EIA-485-A
- Pin Compatible with LTC2862 and LT1785
- Available in DFN and Leaded Packages
The LTC2862A is a low power, 20Mbps or 250kbps RS485/RS422 transceiver operating on 3V to 5.5V supplies with ±60V overvoltage fault protection on the interface pins during all modes of operation, including power-down. Improvements were made to the LTC2862 for greater robustness and signal integrity: ±40kV HBM and Level 4 IEC ESD protection on the interface pins; increased resistance to electrical overstress; increased receiver noise immunity; additional receiver noise filtering on the LTC2862A-2; and an improved failsafe function optimized for high speed in the LTC2862A-1 and noise rejection in the LTC2862A-2. Low EMI slew rate limited data transmission is available in the 250kbps LTC2862A-2 option, while the LTC2862A-1 operates to 20Mbps.
Extended ±25V input common mode range and full failsafe operation improve data communication reliability in electrically noisy environments and in the presence of large ground loop voltages.
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Industrial Control and Instrumentation Networks
- Automotive and Transportation Electronics
- Building Automation, Security Systems and HVAC
- Medical Equipment
- Lighting and Sound System Control
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-RS485HDEBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of half-duplex RS-485 transceivers with standard 8-lead SOIC footprints. The evaluation board allows interfacing via screw terminal block to digital I/O for driver input (DI), receiver output (RO), driver enable (DE) and receiver output (RO). Bus signals A and B (half-duplex bus) can be connected to a bus screw terminal block. One or two termination resistors can be connected to A and B via jumper settings, in order to evaluation the half-duplex RS-485 driver and receiver. Footprints are provided for pull-up and pull-down (biasing resistors) on the bus.
Devices for evaluation on the board must be ordered separately.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.