Features and Benefits
- Up to 2 Differential or 4 Single-Ended Inputs
- Easy Drive Technology Enables Rail-to-Rail Inputs with Zero Differential Input Current
- Directly Digitizes High Impedance Sensors with Full Accuracy
- 600nV RMS Noise
- Programmable Gain from 1 to 256
- Integrated High Accuracy Temperature Sensor
- GND to VCC Input/Reference Common Mode Range
- Programmable 50Hz, 60Hz, or Simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz Rejection Mode
- 2ppm INL, No Missing Codes
- 1ppm Offset and 15ppm Full-Scale Error
- 2x Speed Mode/Reduced Power Mode (15Hz Using Internal Oscillator and 80μA at 7.5Hz Output)
- No Latency: Digital Filter Settles in a Single Cycle, Even After a New Channel is Selected
- Single Supply 2.7V to 5.5V Operation (0.8mW)
- Internal Oscillator
- Tiny 4mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LTC2486 is a 4-channel (2-channel differential), 16-bit, No Latency ΔΣ™ ADC with Easy Drive™ technology. The patented sampling scheme eliminates dynamic input current errors and the shortcomings of on-chip buffering through automatic cancellation of differential input current. This allows large external source impedances and rail-to-rail input signals to be directly digitized while maintaining exceptional DC accuracy.
The LTC2486 includes programmable gain, a high accuracy temperature sensor, and an integrated oscillator. This device can be configured to measure an external signal (from combinations of 4 analog input channels operating in single ended or differential modes) or its internal temperature sensor. It can be programmed to reject line frequencies of 50Hz, 60Hz, or simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz, provide a programmable gain from 1 to 256 in 8 steps, and configured to double its output rate. The integrated temperature sensor offers 1/2°C resolution and 2°C absolute accuracy.
The LTC2486 allows a wide common mode input range (0V to VCC), independent of the reference voltage. Any combination of single-ended or differential inputs can be selected and the first conversion after a new channel selection is valid.
- Direct Sensor Digitizer
- Direct Temperature Measurement
- Industrial Process Control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.