Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit Resolution
- 500ksps Sampling Rate
- Low Noise: SINAD = 72.8dB
- Guaranteed No Missing Codes
- Single 5V Supply
- Auto-Shutdown Scales Supply Current with Sample Rate
- Low Power:
- 14mW at 500ksps
- 70μW at 1ksps
- 35μW Sleep Mode
- 1-Channel (LTC2302) and 2-Channel (LTC2306) Versions
- Unipolar or Bipolar Input Ranges (Software Selectable)
- Internal Conversion Clock
- SPI/MICROWIRE™ Compatible Serial Interface
- Separate Output Supply OVDD (2.7V to 5.25V)
- Software Compatible with the LTC2308
- 10-Pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC2302/LTC2306 are low noise, 500ksps, 1-/2-channel, 12-bit ADCs with an SPI/MICROWIRE compatible serial interface. These ADCs include a fully differential sample-and-hold circuit to reduce common mode noise. The internal conversion clock allows the external serial output data clock (SCK) to operate at any frequency up to 40MHz.
The LTC2302/LTC2306 operate from a single 5V supply and draw just 2.8mA at a sample rate of 500ksps. The auto-shutdown feature reduces the supply current to 14μA at a sample rate of 1ksps.
The LTC2302/LTC2306 are packaged in a tiny 10-pin 3mm × 3mm DFN. The low power consumption and small size make the LTC2302/LTC2306 ideal for battery-operated and portable applications, while the 4-wire SPI compatible serial interface makes these ADCs a good match for isolated or remote data acquisition systems.
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Industrial Process Control
- Motor Control
- Accelerometer Measurements
- Battery-Operated Instruments
- Isolated and/or Remote Data Acquisition
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC2306 Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Isolator
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.