Features and Benefits
- Sample Rate: 250Msps
- 60.5dB SNR
- 78dB SFDR
- 1.2GHz Full Power Bandwidth S/H
- Single 2.5V Supply
- Low Power Dissipation: 740mW
- LVDS, CMOS, or Demultiplexed CMOS Outputs
- Selectable Input Ranges: ±0.5V or ±1V
- No Missing Codes
- Optional Clock Duty Cycle Stabilizer
- Shutdown and Nap Modes
- Data Ready Output Clock
- Pin Compatible Family
- 250Msps: LTC2242-12 (12-Bit), LTC2242-10 (10-Bit)
- 210Msps: LTC2241-12 (12-Bit), LTC2241-10 (10-Bit)
- 170Msps: LTC2240-12 (12-Bit), LTC2240-10 (10-Bit)
- 185Msps: LTC2220-1 (12-Bit)
- 170Msps: LTC2220 (12-Bit), LTC2230 (10-Bit)
- 135Msps: LTC2221 (12-Bit), LTC2231 (10-Bit)
- 64-Pin 9mm × 9mm QFN Package
The LTC2242-10 is a 250Msps, sampling 10-bit A/D converter designed for digitizing high frequency, wide dynamic range signals. The LTC2240-10 is perfect for demanding communications applications with AC performance that includes 60.5dB SNR and 78dB SFDR. Ultralow jitter of 95fsRMS allows IF undersampling with excellent noise performance.
DC specs include ±0.4LSB INL (typ), ±0.2LSB DNL (typ) and no missing codes over temperature.
The digital outputs can be either differential LVDS, or single-ended CMOS. There are three format options for the CMOS outputs: a single bus running at the full data rate or two demultiplexed buses running at half data rate with either interleaved or simultaneous update. A separate output power supply allows the CMOS output swing to range from 0.5V to 2.625V.
The ENC+ and ENC– inputs may be driven differentially or single ended with a sine wave, PECL, LVDS, TTL, or CMOS inputs. An optional clock duty cycle stabilizer allows high performance over a wide range of clock duty cycles.
- Wireless and Wired Broadband Communication
- Cable Head-End Systems
- Power Amplifier Linearization
- Communications Test Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.