Features and Benefits
- Two Independent PWM Controllers in One Package
- Side 1 Output Is Compliant with Intel Desktop VRM 8.4 Specifications (Includes 5-Bit VID DAC)
- 1.3V to 3.5V Output Voltage with 50mV/100mV Steps
- Two Sides Run Out-of-Phase to Minimize CIN
- All N-Channel External MOSFET Architecture
- No External Current Sense Resistors Required
- Precison Internal 0.8V ±1% Reference
- 550kHz Switching Frequency Minimizes External Component Size
- Very Fast Transient Response
- Up to 25A Output Current per Channel
- Low Shutdown Current: < 100µA
- Small 28-Pin SSOP Package
The LTC1873 is a dual switching regulator controller optimized for high efficiency with low input voltages. It includes two complete, on-chip, independent switching regulator controllers. Each is designed to drive a pair of external N-channel MOSFETs in a voltage mode feedback, synchronous buck configuration. The LTC1873 includes digital output voltage adjustment on side 1 that conforms to the Intel Desktop VID specification. A constant-frequency, true PWM design minimizes external component size and cost and optimizes load transient performance. The synchronous buck architecture automatically shifts to discontinuous and then to Burst Mode™ operation as the output load decreases, ensuring maximum efficiency over a wide range of load currents.
The LTC1873 features an onboard reference trimmed to 1% and delivers better than 1.5% regulation at the converter outputs over all combinations of line, load and temperature. Each channel can be enabled independently; with both channels disabled, the LTC1873 shuts down and supply current drops below 100µA.
- Microprocessor Core and I/O Supplies
- Multiple Logic Supply Generator
- High Efficiency Power Conversion
- Chipset Power Supply
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.