Features and Benefits
- 5-Bit Digitally Programmable 1.3V to 3.5V Fixed Output Voltage, VRM 8.4 Compliant
- Fast Transient Response: 0% to 100% Duty Cycle
- Phase Lead Compensation for Remote Sensing
- Overtemperature Protection
- Flags for Power Good and Overvoltage Fault
- 19A Output Current Capability from a 5V Supply
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Driver
- Initial Output Accuracy: ±1.5%
- Excellent Output Accuracy: ±2% Typ Over Line, Load and Temperature Variations
- High Efficiency: Over 95% Possible
- Adjustable Current Limit Without External Sense Resistors
- Available in 2O-Lead SSOP and SW Packages
The LTC1753 is a high power, high efficiency switching regulator controller optimized for 5V input to a digitally programmable 1.3V-3.5V output. The internal 5-bit DAC programs the output voltage from 1.3V to 2.05V in 50mV increments and from 2.1V to 3.5V in 100mV increments. The precision internal reference and an internal feedback system provide an output accuracy of ±1.5% at room temperature and typically ±2% over temperature, load current and line voltage shifts. The LTC1753 uses a synchronous switching architecture with two external N-channel output devices, providing high efficiency and eliminating the need for a high power, high cost P-channel device. Additionally, it senses the output current across the on-resistance of the upper N-channel FET, providing an adjustable current limit without an external low value sense resistor.
The LTC1753 free-runs at 300kHz and can be synchronized to a faster external clock if desired. It provides a phase lead compensation scheme and under harsh loading conditions, the PWM duty cycle can be momentarily forced to 0% or 100% to reduce the output voltage recovery time.
- Power Supply for Pentium® III, AMD-K6®-2, SPARC, ALPHA and PA-RISC Microprocessors
- High Power 5V to 1.3V-3.5V Regulators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.