Features and Benefits
- Three Regulated Outputs: Core, I/O and CLK in One Package
- Integrated Intel Mobile 5-Bit VID DAC
- No External Current Sense Resistors
- All N-Channel External MOSFET Architecture
- 550kHz Switching Frequency Minimizes External Component Size and Cost
- Integrated 150mA LDO Linear Regulator
- Excellent DC Accuracy: 1.25% for Core, 2% for I/O and CLK Supplies
- PGOOD Flag Monitors All Three Outputs
- High Efficiency Over Wide Load Current Range
- Low Shutdown Current: < 100µA
- Switchers Run Out-of-Phase to Minimize CIN
- Small 28-Pin Narrow SSOP Package
The LTC1705 is a complete power supply controller for Intel Mobile Pentium processors. It includes two switching regulator controllers, each designed to drive a pair of N-channel MOSFETs in a voltage mode feedback, synchronous buck configuration, to provide the core and I/O supplies. The core controller includes a 5-bit DAC that conforms to the Intel Mobile VID specification. The IC also includes a low dropout linear regulator (LDO) that delivers up to 150mA of output current to provide the CLK supply. The LTC1705 uses a constant-frequency 550kHz PWM architecture, minimizing external component size and cost, as well as optimizing load transient performance. It provides better than 1.25% DC accuracy at its core output, and 2% at I/0 and CLK outputs. The high performance feedback loops allow the circuit to keep total output regulation within ±5% under all transient conditions. An open-drain PGOOD flag indicates that all three outputs are within ±10% of their regulated values. A shutdown circuit disables all three outputs if the RUN/SS pin is pulled to ground. In this mode, the LTC1705 supply current drops to below 100µA.
- Complete Power Supply Controller for Intel Mobile Pentium® Processors
- Intel Mobile Pentium Core, I/O, Clock Supplies
- Multiple Logic Supply Generator
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC1705 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.