Features and Benefits
- High Power 5V to 3.xV Switching Controller:
Can Exceed 10A Output
- All N-Channel External MOSFETs
- Constant Frequency Operation - Small Inductors
- Excellent Output Regulation: ±1% Over Line, Load and Temperature Variations
- High Efficiency: Over 95% Possible
- Fixed Frequency Operation
- No Low Value Sense Resistor Needed
- Outputs Can Drive External FETs with Up to 10,000pF Gate Capacitance
- Quiescent Current: 350µA Typ, 1µA in Shutdown
- Fast Trasient Response
- Adjustable or fixed 3.3 V Output
- Available in 8- and 16- Lead PDIP and SO Packages
The LTC1430 is a high power, high efficiency switching regulator controller optimized for 5V to 3.xV applications. It includes a precision internal reference and an internal feedback system that can provide output regulation of ±1% over temperature, load current and line voltage shifts. The LTC1430 uses a synchronous switching architecture with two N-channel output devices, eliminating the need for a high power, high cost P-channel device. Additionally, it senses output current across the drain-source resistance of the upper N-channel FET, providing an adjustable current limit without an external low value sense resistor.
The LTC1430 includes a fixed frequency PWM oscillator for low output ripple under virtually all operating conditions. The 200kHz free-running clock frequency can be externally adjusted from 100kHz to above 500kHz. The LTC1430 features low 350µA quiescent current, allowing greater than 90% efficiency operation in converter designs from 1A to greater than 50A output current. Shutdown mode drops the LTC1430 supply current to 1µA.
For new designs, refer to the LTC3830.
- Power Supply for P6 and Pentium® Microprocessors
- High Power 5V to 3.xV Regulators
- Local Regulation for Dual Voltage Logic Boards
- Low Voltage, High Current Battery Regulation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Technical Articles (7)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.