Features and Benefits
- Complete 12-Bit ADC with Reference in SO-8
- Single Supply 3V Operation
- Sample Rate: 200ksps
- Power Dissipation: 15mW (Typ)
- 68dB S/(N + D) and – 72dB THD at 50kHz
- No Missing Codes Over Temperature
- Nap Mode with Instant Wake-Up: 1.5mW
- Sleep Mode: 19.5µW
- Shutdown Mode: 13.5µW
- High Impedance Analog Input
- Input Range (0.5mV/LSB): 0V to 2.048V
- Internal Reference Can Be Overdriven Externally
- 3-Wire Interface to DSPs and Processors (SPI and MICROWIRE™ Compatible)
The LTC1401 is a complete 200ksps, 12-bit A/D converter that converts 0V to 2.048V unipolar input and draws only 15mW from a single 3V supply. This easy-to-use device comes complete with a 315ns sample-and-hold and a precision reference. Maximum DC specifications include ±1LSB INL, ±1LSB DNL and 45ppm/°C full-scale drift over temperature.
The LTC1401 has three power saving modes: Nap and Sleep, through the serial interface and Shutdown by setting the SHDN pin to zero. In Nap mode, it consumes only 1.5mW of power and can wake up and convert immediately. In Sleep (Shutdown) mode, it consumes 19.5µW (13.5µW) of power typically. Upon power-up from Sleep or Shutdown mode, a reference ready (REFRDY) signal is available in the serial word to indicate that the reference has settled and the chip is ready to convert.
The 3-wire serial port allows compact and efficient data transfer to a wide range of microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs.
- Low Power and Battery-Operated Systems
- Handheld or Portable Instruments
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Digital Signal Processing
- Multiplexed Data Acquisition Systems
- Digital Radio
- Spectrum Analysis
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC1401 Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Isolator
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.