Features and Benefits
- Complete 12-Bit ADC in SO-8
- Single Supply 5V or ±5V Operation
- Sample Rate: 400ksps
- Power Dissipation: 75mW (Typ)
- 72dB S/(N D) and -80dB THD at Nyquist
- No Missing Codes over Temperature
- NAP Mode with Instant Wake-Up: 6mW
- SLEEP Mode: 30µW
- High Impendance Analog Input
- Input range (1mV/LSB): 0V to 4.096 or ±2.048V
- Internal Reference Can be Overdriven Externally
- 3-Wire Interface to DSPs and Processors (SPI and MICROWIRE™ Compatible)
The LTC1400 is a complete 400ksps, 12-bit A/D converter which draws only 75mW from a 5V or ±5V supplies. This easy-to-use device comes complete with a 200ns sample-and-hold and a precision reference. Unipolar and bipolar conversion modes add to the flexibility of the ADC. The LTC1400 is capable of going into two power saving modes: NAP and SLEEP. In NAP mode, it consumes only 6mW of power and can wake up and convert immediately. In the SLEEP mode, it consumes 30µW of power typically. Upon power-up from SLEEP mode, a reference ready (REFRDY) signal is available in the serial data word to indicate that the reference has settled and the chip is ready to convert.
The LTC1400 converts 0V to 4.096V unipolar inputs from a single 5V supply and ±2.048V bipolar inputs from ±5V supplies. Maximum DC specs include ±1LSB INL, ±1LSB DNL and 45ppm/°C drift over temperature. Guaranteed AC performance includes 70dB S/(N D) and 76dB THD at an input frequency of 100kHz, over temperature.
The 3-wire serial port allows compact and efficient data transfer to a wide range of microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs.
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Digital Signal Processing
- Multiplexed Data Acquisition Systems
- Audio and Telecom Processing
- Digital Radio
- Spectrum Analysis
- Low Power and Battery-Operated Systems
- Handheld or Portable Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC1400 Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Isolator
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.