Features and Benefits
- Fast Charge Nickel-Cadmium, Nickel-Metal-Hydride, Lithium Ion or Lead-Acid Batteries under µP Control
- Flexible Current Regulation:
- Programmable 111kHz PWM Current Regulator with Built-In PFET Driver
- PFET Current Gating
- Discharge Mode
- Measures Battery Voltage, Battery Temperature and Ambient Temperature with Internal 10-Bit ADC
- Battery Voltage, Temperature and Charge Time Fault Protection
- Built-In Voltage Regulator and Programmable Battery Attenuator
- Easy-to-Use 3- or 4-Wire Serial µP Interface
- Accurate Gas Gauge Function
- Wide Supply Range: VDD = 4.5V to 16V
- Can Charge Batteries with Voltages Greater Than VDD
- Can Charge Batteries from Charging Supplies Greater Than VDD
- Digital Input Pins Are High Impedance in Shutdown Mode
The LTC1325 provides the core of a flexible, cost-effective solution for an integrated battery management system. The monolithic CMOS chip controls the fast charging of nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal-hydride, lead-acid or lithium batteries under microprocessor control. The device features a programmable 111kHz PWM constant current source controller with built-in FET driver, 10-bit ADC, internal voltage regulator, discharge-before-charge controller, programmable battery voltage attenuator and an easy-to-use serial interface.
The chip may operate in one of five modes: power shut-down, idle, discharge, charge or gas gauge. In power shutdown the supply current drops to 30µA and in the idle mode,an ADC reading maybe made without any switching noise affecting the accuracy of the measurement. In the discharge mode, the battery is discharged by an external transistor while the battery is being monitored by the LTC1325 for fault conditions. The charge mode is terminated by the µP while monitoring any combination of battery voltage and temperature, ambient temperature and charge time. The LTC1325 also monitors the battery for fault conditions before and during charging. In the gas gauge mode the LTC1325 allows the total charge leaving the battery to be calculated.
- System Integrated Battery Charger
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.