Features and Benefits
- Wide VIN Range: 4.4V to 105V (110V Abs Max)
- Ultralow EMI/EMC Emissions: CISPR 25 Compliant
- 2µA IQ When Regulating 48VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Fast and Accurate Output Current Programming and Monitoring with No External RSENSE
- Brick Wall Current Limit
- Low Minimum On-Time: 35ns
- Wide VOUT Range: 1V to VIN
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle Operation
- Programmable Fixed Frequency: 200kHz to 2MHz
- Eight, Pin-Selectable Fixed (1.2V to 15V) or Adjustable Output Voltages
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping, or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- PLL Synchronization to External Clock
- EXTVCC LDO Powers Chip from VOUT = 3.3V to 40V
- OPTI-LOOP® or Fixed Internal Compensation
- Input and Output Overvoltage Protection
- Thermally Enhanced (5mm × 6mm) QFN Package
The LT7101 is a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous step-down DC/DC converter utilizing a constant frequency, average current mode control architecture. It operates from an input voltage range of 4.4V to 105V and provides an adjustable regulated output voltage from 1V to VIN while delivering up to 1A of output current.
The LT7101 features high frequency operation and a low minimum on-time that reduce inductor size and enable constant-frequency operation even at very high stepdown ratios. In addition, the LT7101 achieves the lowest possible dropout voltage with 100% maximum duty cycle operation. During light load operation, converter efficiency and output ripple can be optimized by selecting Burst Mode, pulse-skipping or forced continuous operation.
The LT7101 includes accurate, high speed average current programming and monitoring without the need for an external sense resistor. Additional features include a bypass LDO to maximize efficiency, fixed or adjustable output voltage and loop compensation, and a wide array of protection features to enhance reliability.
- Battery Chargers and CC/CV Supplies
- Automotive and Military Systems
- Industrial, Avionics and Heavy Equipment
- Medical Instruments and Telecommunication Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2895A is a 100V monolithic DC/ DC step-down regulator featuring the LT7101. The demo board is designed for a 12V/1A output from a 12V to 100V input at 400kHz switching frequency. The wide input range makes it suitable for automotive, industrial, medical instrument, and telecom applications. This buck regulator has a peak efficiency of 94.5% at 24VIN, 92.3% at 48VIN and 87.1% at 100VIN (see Figure 4).
The LT7101 is a compact, high efficiency synchronous monolithic step-down switching regulator with fast current programming. The power switches, compensation network and other necessary circuits are inside of the LT7101 to minimize external components and simplify design. The LT7101 has a wide operating range from 4.4V to 105V. A 35ns minimum on-time together with 100% maximum duty cycle allow practical use at any output voltage between 1V and VIN. The switching frequency can be programmed either via an oscillator resistor or an external clock over a 200kHz to 2MHz range. Additional features include a fast, accurate output current programming and monitoring, and ultralow EMI/EMC emissions.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.