Features and Benefits
- LTPoE++®/IEEE 802.3bt Powered Device (PD) Controller
- Supports Up to 90W PDs
- Distinguishes Between LTPoE++ and IEEE 802.3bt PSEs
- 5-Event Classification Sensing
- Superior Surge Protection (100V Absolute Maximum)
- Wide Junction Temperature Range (–40°C to 125°C)
- Overtemperature Protection
- Integrated Signature Resistor
- External Hot Swap N-Channel MOSFET for Lowest Power Dissipation and Highest System Efficiency
- Configurable Aux Power Support as Low as 9V
- Pin Compatible with LT4275A/B/C and LT4294
- Available in 10-Lead MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LT4293 is an LTPoE++/IEEE 802.3af/at/bt-compliant powered device (PD) interface controller. The T2P output distinguishes between LTPoE++ and IEEE 802.3bt power sourcing equipment (PSE) during mutual identification and negotiation of available power.
The LT4293 utilizes an external, low RDS(ON), N-channel, hot swap MOSFET and supports the LT4320/LT4321 ideal bridges, to extend the end-to-end power delivery efficiency and eliminate costly heat sinks. The LT4293 also includes a power good output, onboard signature resistor, undervoltage lockout, and thermal protection. Start-up inrush current is adjustable with an external capacitor. Auxiliary power override is supported as low as 9V with the AUX pin.
The LT4293 can be configured to support all possible LTPoE++, 802.3bt, 802.3at and 802.3af power levels with external component changes. Pin-for-pin compatibility with the LT4275 and LT4294 family of PD Interface Controllers enables easy migration between LTPoE++ PDs and IEEE 802.3bt-compliant PDs.
- High Power Wireless Data Systems
- Outdoor Security Camera Equipment
- Commercial and Public Information Displays
- High Temperature Industrial Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.