Features and Benefits
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Proprietary Peak-Buck Peak-Boost Current Mode
- 3V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- 0V to 36V Output Voltage Range
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Regulation
- ±3% LED Current Regulation
- 5000:1 External and 128:1 Internal PWM Dimming
- Rail-to-Rail LED Current Sense and Monitor Output
- Open and Short LED Protection with Fault Reporting
- 300kHz to 2MHz Fixed Switching Frequency with External Frequency Synchronization
- Flicker-Free Spread Spectrum for Low EMI
- Available in 28-Lead QFN (4mm × 5mm)
The LT3942 is a monolithic 4-switch synchronous buck-boost LED driver. The driver can regulate the LED string current up to 34V with input voltages above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The proprietary peak-buck peak-boost current mode control scheme allows adjustable and synchronizable 300kHz to 2MHz fixed frequency operation, or internal 25% triangle spread spectrum operation for low EMI. With 3V to 36V input, 0V to 36V output and seamless low-noise transitions between operation regions, the LT3942 is ideal for LED driver applications in automotive, industrial and battery-powered systems.
The LT3942 provides LED current regulation with up to 128:1 internal and 5000:1 external PWM dimming using an optional high-side PMOS switch. The CTRL pin provides flexible 20:1 analog dimming with ±2.5% LED current regulation at 100mV full scale. Robust fault protection detects an open or short LED condition, during which the LT3942 retries, latches off, or keeps running.
- General Purpose LED Driver
- Automotive and Industrial Lighting
- Voltage Regulator with Accurate Current Limit
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.