Features and Benefits
- Extended Safe Operating Area
- Maximum Output Current: 800mA
- Stable with or without Input/Output Capacitors
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Single Resistor Sets Output Voltage
- Output Current Monitor: IMON = IOUT/5000
- Junction Temperature Monitor: 1μA/°C
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- 50μA SET Pin Current: 1% Initial Accuracy
- Output Voltage Noise: 27μVRMS
- Parallel Multiple Devices for Higher Current or Heat Spreading
- Programmable Current Limit
- Reverse-Battery and Reverse-Current Protection
- <1mV Load Regulation Typical Independent of VOUT
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation Typical
- Available in Thermally-Enhanced 12-Lead 4mm × 4mm DFN, 16-Lead TSSOP, and 7-Lead DD-Pak
The LT3089 is an 800mA low dropout linear regulator designed for rugged industrial applications. Key features of the IC are the extended safe operating area (SOA), output current monitor, temperature monitor and programmable current limit. The LT3089 can be paralleled for higher output current or heat spreading. The device withstands reverse input and reverse output-to-input voltages without reverse current flow.
The LT3089’s precision 50μA reference current source allows a single resistor to program output voltage to any level between zero and 34.5V. The current reference architecture enables load regulation to be independent of output voltage. The LT3089 is stable with or without input and output capacitors.
The output current monitor (IOUT/5000) and die junction temperature output (1μA/°C) provide system monitoring and debug capability. In addition, a single resistor programs current limit.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery and reverse-current protection, current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3089 is offered in the 12-lead 4mm × 4mm DFN and 16-lead TSSOP (both with exposed pad for improved thermal performance), and 7-lead DD-Pak power package.
- All Surface Mount Power Supply
- Rugged Industrial Power Supply
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Output Voltage Supply
- Intrinsic Safety Applications
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2276A is an 800mA low dropout rugged linear regulator featuring the LT3089. It operates from 2.5V to 36V and has a jumper-selectable output voltage of 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 5V or user-selectable between 0V and 34.5V. Key features of the IC are an extended safe operating area (SOA), output current and temperature monitoring and programmable current limit. The maximum input voltage for 800mA load current is set by the 50°C temperature rise of the LT3089 on the demo circuit. Higher input voltage can be reached if larger copper area or force-air cooling is applied. The output current is also limited by the differential voltage of input and output voltage; please refer to the data sheet for detailed information.
LT3089 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.