Features and Benefits
- Wide Input Range: 3V to 25V
- Programmable Volt-Second Clamp
- Output Power Levels from 25W to 500W
- Auxiliary Boost Converter Provides 10V Gate Drive from VIN as Low as 3V
- Programmable Operating Frequency (100kHz to 500kHz) with One External Resistor
- Programmable Slope Compensation
- Programmable Leading Edge Blanking
- ±2% Internal 1.23V Reference
- Accurate Shutdown Pin Threshold with Programmable Hysteresis
- 60ns Current Sense Delay
- 2.5V Auxiliary Reference Output
- Synchronizable to an External Clock up to 1.5 • fOSC
- Current Mode Control
- Small 16-Pin SSOP Package
The LT1950 is a wide input range, forward, boost, flyback and SEPIC controller that drives an N-channel power MOSFET with few external components required.
A resistor programmable duty cycle clamp can be used to generate a volt-second clamp for forward converter applications. An internal boost switcher is available for creating a separate supply for the output gate driver, allowing 10V gate drive from input voltages as low as 3V. The LT1950’s operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 100kHz to 500kHz range and a SYNC pin allows the part to be synchronized to an external clock. Additional programmability exists for leading edge blanking and slope compensation.
A fast current sense comparator achieves 60ns current sense delay and the error amplifier is a true voltage mode error amplifier, allowing a wide range of compensation networks. An accurate shutdown pin with programmable hysteresis is available for undervoltage lockout and shutdown. The LT1950 is available in a small 16-Pin SSOP package.
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Automotive Power Supplies
- Portable Electronic Equipment
- Isolated and Nonisolated DC/DC Converters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.